Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Colony_26 "Hotbar Equipment, Stone Biome, and plans"

Today was completely focused on equipment, more specifically: Hotbar equipment. Hotbar equipment is anything that is equipable in your hotbar. This is tools, notes, weapons, and traps.

The new stone pickaxe model:


In terms of actual programming, certain things can now be equipped and your character with his arms will bring up whatever it is you have equipped, and each equipable hotbar item comes with its own set of animations (No lazily shared animations)!

I've also implemented a new biome to the map: Stone. And even already attached the coal deposit to it. This biome will be for mining:


I also wrote about 180 lines of code for the mining system that I described yesterday, now I just need to make a tool to do it with.

I've also worked to change textures for a few items, and improved some of the original textures.

After I post this, I'm going to be focusing on figuring out how the player will acquire some of these tools (figure out a bunch of recipes), probably add a few items to the game and I also want to work on animals. As it currently stands there is only one animal in the game: a bird, and all it really does atm is move tree-to-tree and chirping now and then.

Thanks for reading, feel free to leave a comment, and I'll see you in the next one! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment